- The CD4017 is the one of the most popular 16 pin CMOS Decade Counter (Divided by 10 Counter).
- It takes clock signal from the clock input and turns on the 10 output in sequence, each time when it receives clock input pulses.
- It is a 5 Stage Divide by 10 Johnson Counter with 10 Decoded outputs. It has a wide supply voltage range from 3V to 15V and is compatible with TTL.
- It has a medium speed of operation, typically 5Mhz.
- A popular IC, CD4017 is extremely useful in various projects like Light Chaser, Matrix Die.
- It is also useful in many applications like Binary counter/decoder, frequency division, divide by N counting, industrial electronics, remote metering, automotive, medical electronics, instrumentation and alarm systems, etc.